Our latest feast

Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Oregano and Chilli Crispy Potatoes

To accompany the Chicken Parmesan Bake I decided that as I had already broken the mould of the traditional Chicken Parmigiana I may as well go all out and not serve it with hot chips.  

Instead I decide that I would take some baby chat potatoes and toss them in some herbs, bake them in the oven and voila a really nice and tasty side dish.  Everyone loves oregano and crispy potatoes - who doesn't love potatoes anyway?  I decided to add some chilli sprinkles to give them a little lift.


Oregano and Chilli Crispy Potatoes

Serves: 6

1 kilogram baby Chat potatoes, quartered
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
1 teaspoon sea salt

Heat oven to 200 degrees Celsius.

Line a baking tray with baking paper.

In a large bowl combine potatoes, oil, oregano, chilli and salt.  Mix well.

Lay in single layer on baking tray.

Bake in oven for 30 - 45 minutes, turning several times, or until crispy and golden.

Serve immediately.

No comments: