Our latest feast

Saturday, October 3, 2015

Herbed Honey Mustard Dressing

Summer is around the corner so begins the Alfresco dining season or as we would say here Down Under it's ""Barbie Time....

I must admit though I do get sick of salads in Summer.... when I say I get sick of them I mean that I get sick of eating the same boring salad with the same boring dressing all the time.  So I do try and jazz it up here and there.

It was a beautiful balmy night in fact the weather has been beautiful here in Melbourne for the last days, hopefully showing us that this Summer will be filled with lush weather, nice temperatures and lots of sun.   We went to our friends last night, Bernie's for I guess our first official BBQ of the season.

My mission was to bring a salad.... which not a hard call but automatically got me thinking ok and "now for the dressing????" whilst I was preparing and platting all the salad up.  Something different for sure.

Move over French or Italian Dressing - hold the mayo!!!   I decided on this Herbed Honey Mustard Dressing to give the salad a zing... and that it did.  

A creamy little sweet, little spicy sauce with a hint of oregano....

Success - it was perfect.... I was happy with my salad!!!  LOL!!!


Herbed Honey Mustard Dressing 

Makes: 1 1/2 cups

1 cup low fat mayonnaise
1/4 cup honey
2 tablespoons dijon mustard
1 tablespoon American (yellow) mustard
1 tablespoon dried oregano

In a two cup mixing jug combine all ingredients until mixed through.

Put in fridge and allow to stand for at least 2 hours for flavours to develop if time permits.

Serve. 


(Can be stored in a sealed jar in fridge for up to 1 month, stirring/shaking well before use)

No comments: