Our latest feast

Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Broccoli, Mushroom and Onion Medley

I love broccoli but not normally as a side dish. Why? I hate the fact it goes cold really quickly (so does cauliflower) on the plate when it's sitting there waiting to be eaten.

We had char-grilled steak for dinner and I wanted to incorporate this stunning vitamin packed vegetable into our meal.. And we did!

I will admit I enlisted the assistance of Google and of course my friends on Facebook and received lots of good suggestions. I especially loved my Uncle Poppy's suggestion of putting it in a plastic bag, microwave it and then eat it from the bag!! I guess it would go cold on the plate then LOL!

I settled on a medley, a quick stir fry, of broccoli, mushrooms and onions! So simple - quick, easy, and super tasty!!

And more importantly - it stayed warm!!!


Broccoli, Mushroom and Onion Medley

Serves: 4

1 tablespoon olive oil
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 head of broccoli, cut into small florets
200 grams button mushrooms, quartered
1 red onion, sliced

Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat.

Add garlic, broccoli, mushrooms and onions.

Cook, stirring occasionally, until broccoli is tender.

Serve immediately.


(click here for a printable version of this recipe)

No comments: