Our latest feast

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Apple Pork with Cashews

I came accross this recipe while drooling my way through Taste.com which is a cooking website I have to say I spend way to much time on.  But my time spent is always well worth it in my opinion!!

With an amazing combination of apple, soy and ginger the pork was cooked perfectly - still tender and succulent.    The sauce was amazing, a combination of apple and orange, neither overpowering the other.  I loved the crunchiness of the cashews which just finalised the dish.

Served with Braised Potatoes and steamed vegetables I was completely satisfied.


Apple Pork with Cashews
(recipe adapted from Taste.com)

Serves: 4
ProPoints per serve: 11

1/2 cup plain flour
salt
freshly ground black pepper
4 large pork cutlets, fat removed 
cooking spray
40 grams reduced fat butter
1 cup orange juice
1 tablespoon soy sauce
2 tablespoon brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground ginger
3 apples, sliced into rounds
1/2 cup raw cashews

Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.

Place flour, salt and pepper into a plastic bag. Add cutlets, a few at a time, and toss until coated in flour. Shake off excess flour.

Heat oil and butter in a heavy-based flameproof casserole dish over high heat. Cook cutlets, in batches, for 3 minutes on each side or until golden. Remove to a plate.

Add juice, soy, sugar, ginger, salt and pepper to the dish. Bring to the boil, then remove from heat. Place cutlets into dish. Top casserole with apples and sprinkle with cashews. Cover.

Bake for 35 minutes. Remove lid and cook for 20 minutes.


(click here for a printable version of this recipe)

1 comment:

Jade @ Maids said...

it looks good, i really appriciate the recipe thanks for sharing .
added to my list :)