Our latest feast

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Herb and Spice Steamed Fish

It has been so long since my last my last post but I have not neglected my treasured hobby - in fact my absence saddens me as I love nothing more than cooking a delicious meal and then of course bragging oops I mean blogging about! 


I have been so overwhelmed with my work load of late and of course the Christmas period otherwise known as the Silly Season, where everything is frantic. I have to admit not a great deal of new recipes have been cooked most nights it's been trusty old favourites but I do have a few dishes I want to share with you....

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

This was one recipe that had always enticed me.  I firmly believe that we do not eat enough fish although we do tend to eat seafood.

The combination of the herbs and spice was delightful especially teamed with the lemon.  The fish itself was very tender and I was surprised considering I cooked it in the oven as the steamer I have wasn't big enough for all the fish fillets.  Next item on my shopping list is a large bamboo steamer and then I will try this recipe again as I really enjoyed it.


Herb and Spice Steamed Fish
(recipe sourced from WW Secrets of Success Cookbook)

Serves: 4
ProPoints per serve: 6

2 teaspoons Master Foods Moroccan Seasoning
1/2 medium red onion, finely chopped
2 cloves fresh garlic, crushed
2 tablespoons fresh flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
2 tablespoons fresh coriander, finely chopped
1 tablespoon olive oil
800 grams fresh flake or other firmish white fish
1 medium fresh lemon, sliced

Combine the seasoning, onion, garlic, parsley, coriander and oil in a large bowl. Add fish, turn until coated in the mixture, refrigerate at least 30 minutes.

Line base of a large steaming basket with a sheet of baking paper. Lay fish pieces side by side on the paper. Lay lemon slices over fish.

Cover with the lid or a sheet of foil. Place basket over a wok or saucepan of simmering water, without the basket touching the water. Cook for 10 minutes or until fish is just cooked through.

Alternatively cook fish in a covered baking dish in a 180°C oven for 15 minutes or until cooked.


(Click here for a printable version of this recipe)

No comments: