Our latest feast

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Veal Campagnola

I cannot believe how busy this time of the year becomes not matter how organised I seem to be. My menu planning is hit and miss - not cooking what's planned and at times starting to stress a little.

However I vowed that tonight's meal would be a healthy happy one - a sit down at the table dish and I fancied something different. I have been on a bit of an avocado rush this last week also... can't seem to get enough of them.

This recipe I found in a Weight Watchers Cookbook and it grabbed my attention the minute I saw it. It had an amazing flavour, even the kids loved it. I served this with a Potato, Carrot and Onion Bake. We will definately be cooking this again.

Veal Campagnola
(recipe adapted from Weight Watchers Secret of Success 2009)

Serves: 4
Points per serve: 4.5


cooking spray
4 x veal leg steaks (120g each) fat trimmed
1/3 cup tomato salsa
1/2 large avocado, peeled and thinly sliced
4 slices prosciutto (60g)
50 grams reduced fat vintage cheddar cheese, thinly sliced

Spray frying pan with cooking spray and heat over medium to high heat. Add the veal and cook for 2 minutes each side or until lightly browned. Place veal on a foil lined oven tray.

Preheat the grill to medium-high. Top the veal with the salsa, avocado, prosciutto and cheese. Place under grill and cook for 4 minutes or until the cheese is melted and golden.

(click here for a printable version of this recipe)

200th Post Giveaway Winner!!!

(sorry about the horrid photo!!)

The winner of the Australian Woman's Weekly Cookbook - Christmas is: Country Mum.

Can you please email me your postal address so I can send you your prize.

My email is
houseofmurray@bigblue.net.au

Thanks to everyone for entering...... and happy cooking!

2 comments:

Chef E said...

Oh yum, I love veal, and that corn on the cob, are we allowed butter?

I will check out the post on the pco bake!

Country Mum said...

Thanks for the giveaway. It feels nice to be the winner!