Our latest feast

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

BBQ Glazed Beef and Pork Mini Meatloaves

Being back into routine and in my kitchen, which I love, I had menu planned good ol' Meatloaf for dinner. I got home from work excited to cook my easy quick meatloaf for dinner only to hear "meatloaf is fine with me but child who I won't name doesn't want it!" from Noel. The other child states that they will eat anything.

So to try something different I jazzed up my usual meatloaf recipe.  I decided to do away with the usual service style of meatloaf slices in rolls with cheese and sauce (a favourite from way back) and decided to make individual mini meatloaves hoping to win over the crowd.  I have recently read many sites/recipes for the individual portions so it was a no-brainer really.

Flavoured with bbq sauce, a hint of sweet chilli and mustard plus jammed packed with hidden grated vegetables these were an easy dinner to prepare and could also be great for lunches and picnics.  Plus they are freezable not that we had any left.



BBQ Glazed Beef and Pork Mini Meatloaves
 
Serves: 6 (2 meatloaves each)
ProPoints per serve: 10
 
1 medium zucchini, grated
500 grams pork mince
500 grams extra lean beef mince
1 small brown onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 medium carrot, peeled, grated
1 1/4 cups fresh breadcrumbs
1/2 cup bbq sauce 
3 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
3 tablespoons American mustard
salt
freshly ground black pepper

Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.

Grease an 12 hole, 1/2 cup-capacity mini loaf pan or texas muffin pan.

Squeeze excess liquid from zucchini. Combine zucchini, mince, onion, garlic, carrot, breadcrumbs, half the bbq sasuce, sweet chilli sauce and mustard in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Press mixture into prepared pan holes.

Place meatloaves in oven and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until meatloaves are just cooked through. Remove meatloaves from oven.

Carefully transfer meatloaves to a greased baking tray. Using a pastry brush, brush with remaining steak sauce. Bake for 10 minutes or until browned and cooked through.


(Click here for a printable version of this recipe)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

10 points for 2 small meatloaf bites? Does this include the potatoes shown in the photo as well? I'm trying to figure out where all the points are coming from. Do you think using 1 kilo of extra lean ground beef would change the taste too much? Thanks!

Jo said...

Yes I would imagine the use of pork has lifted the propoints but the sauces would also be adding to the high propoints value. To be honest I only managed to eat one meatloaf with all my vegetables. The potatoes are extra points.

Using 100% beef would change the taste and the texture but would still be nice.

Jo xx