Our latest feast

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Pesto Prawn and Spinach Pizza

Back from another week of travelling and having to work Saturday morning (something I haven't done in a long time) I really needed something easy for dinner not to mention tasty. Living out of motel rooms was nice for the first month or so but I can tell you I am over it. Most are nice and have restaurants so I either don't have far to travel for dinner or I can get room service but I am sick of the vague descriptions on some menus or getting meals that don't resemble the description of the dish.

Anyhow as you may know by now we love having home made pizzas as it gives us all a chance to be experimental with flavours. This is one that I put together last night and surprisingly it was very yummy. This Pesto Prawn and Spinach Pizza had a very clean flavour.

From the first mouthful you tasted the bold basil pesto and then the delicateness of the prawns, amongst the fresh flavours of the spinach and tomato. I used minimal cheese as I thought it wouldn't need it and it didn't! Even Noel thought it was delicious.


Pesto Prawn and Spinach Pizza

Serves: 2

ProPoints per serve: 9

250 grams peeled raw king prawns
cooking spray
1 large Lebanese Pita Bread (100 grams)
2 tablespoons Basil Pesto
60 grams reduced fat grated tasty cheese
100 grams baby spinach
1/4 onion, sliced
1/2 red capsicum, sliced
6 cherry tomatoes, halved
salt
freshly ground black pepper


Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius.

Devein prawns, rinse and pat dry with paper towel.

Spray a pizza tray with cooking spray. Place Lebanese Pita Bread on tray.

Spread pita bread with pesto evenly. Sprinkle with half of the cheese.

Top with spinach leaves, onion and capsicum. Place prawns and tomato halves on pizza and season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.

Cook in oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until prawns are cooked through.


No comments: