Our latest feast

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Puff Dogs

Both of my children love a frozen product called Puff Dogs. Now while they are easy to cook as they are ready to cook but I have to say I don't see the facination as they taste terrible. This of course has led me to do what I love doing the most.... trying to make them myself!!

With that in mind, I set myself the hard task of wrapping puff pastry around skinless cocktail frankfurts! Not hard at all..... in fact a task that is very basic and surprisingly they work out cheaper to make than purchase!

Alex helped out today and I should be totally honest she took the reigns and these are her Puff Dogs!!

Puff Dogs

Serves: 18
Points per serve: 2


2 sheets Pampas Reduced Fat Puff Pastry
18 skinless cocktail frankfurts
1 tablespoon skim milk

Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius.

Allow pastry to defrost. Cut each sheet into 9 even squares.

Roll pastry square around cocktail frankfurt.

Place on baking tray lined with baking paper.

Brush with milk and cook for 20 - 25 minutes or until pastry is golden.

(click here for a printable version of this recipe)

But what did the kids think????



4 comments:

Tv Food and Drink said...

Of course! What kid wouldn't love these? This big kid will be making them soon! Gary

James said...

Looks delicious! I made my own variation before, using biscuits and little smokies. Yours looks better and classier :)

Werribeetracyk from the WW's Boards said...

Oh I LOVE these!!!!! Used to make them the exact way whenever we had a kids party in the family :o))) YUM!!!

My Restaurants Melbourne said...

I love those recipes for kids that are so simple to make, yet they look fantastic! I'm sure if i made them at my house they would be gone straight away. thanks for the recipe