Our latest feast

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Sesame Noodles

I always have a soft spot for noodles and when I saw this dish there was no exception. I came across it while reading Pam's blog, For The Love Of Cooking, and immediately knew this would be cooked soon. And it was, infact this is the second time I have cooked it and there will be many more servings of these I am sure.

Simple and quick to cook it was the perfect partner for Spiced Honey Chicken Stir Fry last night.

The amazing thing about this recipe is that there are no noodles used at all. Instead it's pasta, novel as it sounds, the pasta worked well. As it's a lot firmer than some noodles, cooking with it didn't end up in a mosh of broken up noodles. I do have to confess though I used angel hair pasta tonight and it was too thin - my advice would be just to buy thin spaghetti.

Pam, doesn't stir fry her's but I did as I wanted really hot noodles. I have made this once before and it was really nice but I thought I would experiment a little further with the recipe ~ hope you don't mind Pam? LOL!!

So this is my version, but if you would like to see Pam's original version please click here warning her photo looks much nicer ~ in fact Pam's blog is fantastic! Please go and visit her as it's well worth doing so.


Sesame Noodles

Serves: 8
Points per serve: 3.5


500 grams thin spaghetti
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 tablespoons sugar
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons rice vinegar
2 teaspoons pure sesame oil
1 teaspoon hot chilli sauce
1 tablespoon canola oil
4 tablespoon hot water
3 to 4 spring onions, sliced thinly

Cook spaghetti according to packet directions. Drain and set aside.

Mix together the soy sauce, sugar, garlic, vinegar, sesame oil, chilli sauce, canola oil and water in a jug. Taste and re-season if desired.

Heat a wok over high heat add combined sauce and noodles. Toss for 2 - 4 minutes until noodles are completely coated. Remove from heat and toss through spring onions. Serve.

(click here for a printable version of this recipe)

No comments: