Our latest feast

Monday, October 12, 2009

Fried Potatoes with Sundried Tomatoes

I tend to overdose on something that everyone says are good.... such as crispy potatoes so now when I want to serve potatoes as a side dish I really need to think outside the box. This is one of those recipes where I really did just that and I think I did okay.....

Kind of like a hot potato salad without the mayonnaise and it was deinitely full of flavour.

Fried Potatoes with Sundried Tomatoes

Serves: 6
Points per serve: 2.5

1 kilogram chat potatoes (baby potatoes), cut in half
cooking spray
sea salt
freshly ground black pepper
2 spring onions, sliced on diagonal
100 grams sundried tomatoes

Place potatoes in a large saucepan of water and bring to the boil. Reduce hit and simmer for 10 minutes or until potatoes are soft but not overcooked. Drain well.

Spray a large frying pan with cooking spray and add potatoes. Season with salt and pepper. Cook, over a high heat, turning occasionally until warmed through and crispy.

Add tomatoes and spring onions, frying for a further 2 - 4 minutes or until heated through. Serve immediately.

(click here for a printable version of this recipe)

1 comment:

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

This is the kind of dish I would go crazy for for 2 reasons. 1: because I love potatoes and 2: because I love sun dried tomatoes! :)